About two weeks ago, I experienced an epiphany that literally made me stop, relax and live in the moment. This epiphany was the first time I actually had one and called it an “epiphany” in my mind.
I woke up early to get ready for class that morning like I do every day. I was on-time but I had been rushing to get to my class like I usually do. I am from New York City and I am so used to grabbing things and heading out the door as fast as possible. On that particular day I had been boiling water for my green tea. I ran down the stairs with my jacket on in a hurry and prepared my tea. I poured the tea into a traveling mug, only to discover that the mug was broken. I decided that I would have my tea anyway so I poured it into a glass mug. I tried to drink it fast but it was too hot.
After sipping the hot tea I came to the realization that I would have to sit down and let the tea cool off before I drank it. I knew that I would have to sit and drink the tea slowly which frustrated me. I soon realized I had nothing to be frustrated about; I had plenty of time to spare. I sat down, drank the tea and took that moment to observe my life and surroundings. I didn’t dwell in the past or think about the future. All that mattered at the time was the moment. This was so freeing because I had always been very confined in thinking of past and future from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. The epiphany allowed me to take in each moment and it has literally made each day so much better.

Moments like this really make us human. It's nice to know that you took that moment of rushing and really just sat back and relaxed.
ReplyDelete