Friday, May 9, 2008
Amiri Baraka's "Slave Ship"
We finally finished running Slave Ship. I am sad that it is over and I am also relieved. Because that character demanded alot from me mentally and physically, I put my all into it for that moment and I am letting it go for good. I am so proud of the team...and Shannon my director who had faith in our production even when authority figures and classmates doubted us. Our cast worked very hard and continued to have emotional consistency throughout each production. We did our best and it showed. I could speak for most of those who were involved and say that we did not expect people to react the way they did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

nicee.... thank you for sharing your experience...
ReplyDeletei think racism should be shone on a stage, screen, or in a book and not on the streets and in our homes.. so i think what you and your cast did was open the discussion for everyone (whether they saw it or not) to talk about it with others with differing opinions.. so thanks for taking on that controversial role -- keep the vlogs coming
ReplyDeleteGood Job Sean...I really appreciate the fact you were willing to go outside of the box on this one...Playing a role that you weren't at all use to or even comfortable with shows your growth and determination to succeed...and I'm not talking about playing something that would have embarrassed yourself, family, or friends but something that was able to shine light on a condition - issue - the history of your people...BIG UPS...keep up the good work and don't forget about me when you make it big...TammiLorraine
ReplyDelete